Waldrop Inc. is one of the leading cooling and heating system experts in South Carolina and Western North Carolina. We provide expert A/C troubleshooting in the event of a system failure. Our certified technicians are highly knowledgeable about all makes and models and we use proven methods for troubleshooting AC problems.
Waldrop Inc. offers 24-hour 7-days a week emergency services. We will come to your aid any hour of the day or night to perform A/C troubleshooting for you. However, if you wish to try troubleshooting independently, here are a few of the most common AC problems and solutions.
- Turn the A/C unit off and look for debris that may be surrounding the evaporator coil or clogging the fan.
- Inspect the air filter for dirt or debris.
- Remove any debris.
- Change or clean the air filter if it’s dirty. (This should be done monthly, for best results.)
- Check the drain hose or pipe for blockages or kinks.
- If blockages or kinks are present, remove debris and clear the line. (The pipe should be cleaned quarterly to make sure water flows freely to prevent future issues.)
- Check the drain for any holes.
- Check the electrical breaker to ensure it didn’t trip off.
- Check the compressor to make sure it didn’t shut down.
- Ensure the panel next to the compressor didn’t shut down; it could require a reset if it is off.
- Check for leaks in the condensate pump hose line.
- Make sure that the condensate pump is secure in the outlet.
- Turn off the A/C unit and check the condenser coil for dirt.
- Check for debris that could be clogging the coils or system.
- Check the condenser cover on the outside unit for debris and remove any.
If you’ve completed these A/C troubleshooting tips, and the problems are still occurring, call Waldrop Inc. for assistance. Our certified technicians will be happy to assist you in finding and fixing whatever issue is causing the problem.
Call Waldrop Inc. now for prompt and professional A/C troubleshooting services.